Not happy with your current domain registrar? We’re here to help and that’s why we’ve made the transfer process as simple as possible.
About Domain Transfer
Why transfer to Serveroo?
You’re probably here because your current domain provider isn’t giving you the service you need, you just want to consolidate your properties or it’s just time for a change. Our goal is to make this process as simple as possible so that you can get on with your life and move forward.
Everything in its place.
If you manage multiple domains, having them centralised can simplify your life. We make the process easy so you don’t have to stress.
Anyone can do it.
You don’t need to be a technical whiz to get started. Our process is as easy as possible so you can be up and running quickly.
Management made easy.
Subdomains? Forwarding? We can do all that and more. Plus, our domain management tools are straightforward for everyone.
Always up to date.
We monitor your domains in real time to make sure your sites are always up and running.
You’re not limited to .com domains here. Choose from a wide variety of domain names in multiple languages and extensions.
Transfer in bulk.
Why pick up just one domain? We’ve made it easy to transfer all of your domains at once. Just select bulk transfer from the menu.
All plans include
Simple domain set up. You don’t need any technical skills.
Quick, simple tools to forward your domains to any existing website.
Up to 100 subdomains create a custom web address.
400 professional email aliases (like firstname.lastname@example.org).
Real-time monitoring to make sure you're always up and running.
World-class support from our web pros standing by ready to assist.
Keep the bad guys away.
There are people on the web who are always trying to steal your domains and personal details
Keep your private details, uhh…private.
As soon as you register a domain with Serveroo or any other registrar, your personal information is displayed in a public directory. Hackers and spammers often use this to compile email lists and steal domains. Harsh, but true.
When you add Privacy Protection to your domains:
- We replace your name and contact details with our partner company’s, Domains By Proxy. No one ever sees your name, address, email or phone number but us.
- You still control your domains and all email addressed to them as well as the right to sell, renew or transfer them. Your domains are still 100% yours.
You may sleep better knowing your personal information isn’t on display to the whole world.
We’re here when you need us
Because we know that even the best technology is only as good as the people behind it. That’s why we offer expert, 24/7 phone support, plus a lot more.
Great professional staff really helped kickstart my online presence. The staff were fantastic through the whole process and made things a real breeze!
Really helpful support by email, Serveroo helped me find a plan that meets my needs and got me started with my website! If you’re looking for web hosting, I would hands down recommend Serveroo over the bigger players.
Frequently asked questions
Why should I transfer my domains to Serveroo?
At Serveroo, Domain transfers are charged per name at a flat fee, so you pay nothing beyond this initial cost and ICANN registration, where appropriate. We also let you keep any time left on your current registrations — and throw in a free year of registration for each transfer*. Depending on how many domains you’re moving, this could add up to significant savings.
Are there any limits on when I can transfer my domains?
Domains can be transferred almost any time. However, ICANN prohibits domain transfers within 60 days of registration or prior transfer (.au excepted). ICANN policy
How do I transfer domains to Serveroo?
1. Make sure the email address listed for the administrative (admin) contact on each domain is up-to-date. Your current registrar might use this address to communicate with you during the transfer process. For .au domains, the admin contact is called the registrant contact
2. Next unlock each of the domain names you’d like to transfer. Contact your current registrar for details on how to do this.
3. You may need an authorisation code (sometimes called a transfer key or EPP code) from your current registrar. This isn’t necessary in all cases, such as when transferring country-code Top-level Domain Names (ccTLDs). If the authorisation codes aren’t shown in your account manager, ask your current registrar to email them to you.
4. Buy Serveroo domain transfers for up to 500 of your domain names at once, listing each one on a separate line in our bulk domain transfer tool. If the extension you’d like to transfer isn’t listed, you can’t transfer that domain name to us.
Under Select Your Transfer Nameservers, choose one of these options:
a) Keep my current nameservers. If your transfer domain name is associated with an active website, choose this option to make sure there’s no interruption in site performance during the transfer.
b) Switch to Serveroo’s park nameservers. If you have email with us for the domain name, are using our Off-site DNS, or created a Premium DNS transfer template prior to the transfer, select this option.
NOTE: If you select this option and are not using Off-site DNS or a Premium DNS transfer template, we park the domain name on our parking nameservers and create a default zone file in your account with us. You can use the Zone File Editor in the DNS Manager to customise the new zone file. For more information, see Managing DNS for Your Domain Names.
Please note there are special instructions for transferring .uk, .ca, .eu, .es, .se and .au domain names to Serveroo.
How long will it take for my transfers to go through?
Most domain transfers take between five and seven days to complete. The time it takes varies depending on the extension. For details on transferring country-code Top-level Domains (ccTLDs), go to About ccTLDs and click the help article for your domain extension.
Can I check the progress of my domain transfers?
Absolutely. Track the progress of your transfers by following these steps:
1. Log in to My Account on Serveroo.
2. Next to Domains, click the Launch button.
3. In the upper left, pull down the Domains menu and click Pending Transfers. You should see the following info for each transfer domain name:
Status — This tells you where in the transfer process you are. Hover over the progress bar for any transfer, click the ? icon, or click the Action Required or Error link that displays for details.
Admin Email — This field shows the email address linked with that domain name.
What, and when, will I be charged to maintain my domain?
Upon the expiration of your domain, you will be charged annually to maintain the domain. The price is the then-current annual retail price applicable to the domain.
** .nl, .uk, .co.uk, .org.uk, .me.uk, .cz, .es, .se, and .co.za do not include a 1-year extension.
Domains with bulk pricing do not qualify for additional promotional discounts.
0403 248 954
Ready to create an account with Serveroo? Let’s get started.
Thanks for choosing Serveroo!
We offer a complete product line, including comprehensive hosting solutions, Web site creation tools, Secure SSL certificates, personalised email with spam and anti-phishing filtering, e-commerce tools and more.